Sweet potatoes are a brilliant source of vitamins A, C and B6. We’ve paired them with Middle Eastern flavours to make a delicious vegetarian supper.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 60g unsweetened coconut flakes
- 60ml reduced-fat coconut milk
- 2tbsp chopped fresh coriander, plus sprigs to garnish
- Seeds of 1 fresh pomegranate
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/fan 180ºC/gas 4. Prick the sweet potatoes all over with a fork. Arrange on a baking tray and roast for about 45 min until tender. Leave to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, spread the coconut flakes on another baking tray and toast for about 5 min, tossing once or twice, until lightly browned.
- Slice the top of each sweet potato, open and mash the interior with a fork.
- Drizzle a quarter of the coconut milk over each sweet potato, then divide the coconut flakes, chopped coriander and pomegranate seeds evenly among them. Garnish with coriander sprigs and serve with lime wedges to squeeze over.