These spicy, smoky chicken tacos served with crunchy vegetables and limey avocado dressing taste so good, you’d never guess they’re low in calories.
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- ½tsp chilli flakes
- Juice 1 lime
- 2tsp olive oil
- 4 small chicken breasts (about 450g), halved horizontally
- 2 carrots, grated
- 250g red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ x 25g bunch fresh coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 small avocado, flesh mashed
- 100g low-fat natural yogurt
- 8 mini tortilla wraps
- Combine the spices, half the lime juice and the olive oil in a large glass or ceramic dish. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover and put in the fridge to marinate for 2–3 hr.
- Heat a large non-stick griddle pan over a medium-high heat. Griddle the chicken for 3–4 min on each side until cooked through and golden. Transfer to a plate, cover with foil and set aside for 5 min.
- Meanwhile, combine the carrots, cabbage, red onion and coriander in a large bowl. Mix the avocado, yogurt and remaining lime juice together until smooth; season with black pepper. Warm the tortillas.
- Slice the chicken into strips. Fill the warmed tortillas with the chicken, slaw and avocado dressing to serve.