This quick and easy vegetarian crowd-pleaser takes pesto pasta to the next level, with the addition of roasted cauliflower, red onions and spinach leaves.
- 1 large cauliflower broken into small florets
- Olive oil spray
- 250g short pasta (we used trofie)
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 50g raisins, soaked in boiling water for 10 min, then drained
- 200g baby spinach
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 3tbsp fresh vegetarian pesto
- Heat the oven to 200°C/ fan 180°C/gas 6. Put the cauliflower in a baking tray and spray with oil, then roast for 25 min or until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in unsalted boiling water for 8–10 min according to the pack instructions until al dente. Drain, reserving 4tbsp of the cooking water, and keep warm.
- About 8 min before the end of the cauliflower roasting time, spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over a medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook gently for 8 min or until soft.
- Add the pasta and reserved water to the frying pan, along with the roasted cauliflower, raisins, spinach, lemon zest and juice and pesto. Toss to combine, then season with ground black pepper and serve.