This light apple and berry cake, made using wholemeal flour and oats, is perfect for when you fancy something sweet, minus the excess calories.
- 275g wholemeal flour
- 175g rolled oats
- 65g oat bran
- 125g brown sugar
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 2tsp baking powder
- 150ml rapeseed oil
- 175ml low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 medium apples, skin on, cored and finely diced
- 275g fresh or frozen berries
- ½tbsp icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/fan 160°C/gas 4. Line a 20cm x 30cm baking tin with baking paper.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, yogurt and eggs, then add to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Press three-quarters of the mixture into the base of the prepared tin. Sprinkle with the apples and berries, then spoon over the remaining mix and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30–40 min, until golden. Leave to cool in the tin before turning out and cutting into 24 pieces. Dust with the icing sugar to serve.