These gluten-free potato cakes are a great way to use up a glut of potatoes. Serve with pink lamb and your favourite greens.
- 3 x 200g baking potatoes
- 140g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 160g frozen peas
- 2tbsp basil pesto
- Cooking oil spray
- 340g brussels sprouts
- 4 x 125g lean lamb steaks
- 2tbsp balsamic glaze
- Microwave the potatoes on high for 12–15 min until tender. Meanwhile, steam the broccoli and peas for 3–4 min.
- Scoop out the potato flesh and roughly mash in a bowl. Add the broccoli, peas and pesto and mix to combine. Form into 8 patties.
- Spray a non-stick pan with a little oil and heat to medium. Add the potato cakes and cook, turning once, until they’re browned on both sides. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Steam the sprouts for 8–10 min until tender. Meanwhile, spray the non-stick pan with more oil, then add the lamb steaks and cook to your liking (about 2 min on each side for medium-rare).
- Add the balsamic glaze and 2tbsp water to the pan. Bubble for a few sec, then transfer the meat to 4 plates with the potato cakes and sprouts, drizzled with the pan juices.