Tender meat, served with parsnips and potatoes – family, midweek dinner is sorted with this fast and filling lamb meatball bake.
- Cooking oil spray
- 3 medium white potatoes, cut into chunks
- 3 parsnips, cut into chunks
- 50g fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 400g lean lamb mince
- 2 red onions, ½ finely chopped, 1½ cut into wedges
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ small bunch of mint, chopped
- ½tsp paprika
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/fan 180ºC/gas 6 and spray a large ovenproof dish with a little oil. Cook the potatoes and parsnips in a large pan of boiling water set over a medium heat for 8 min.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the meatballs, put the breadcrumbs into a medium bowl with the mince. Add the chopped onion to the bowl with the egg and half the mint and mix to combine.
- Shape the lamb mixture into 12 small meatballs, then add to the prepared dish with the onion wedges.
- Drain the potatoes and parsnips, then add to the dish. Spray with a little more oil, then sprinkle over the paprika and toss. Cook for 25–30 min, turning once and adding the cherry tomatoes for the final 5 min of cooking.
- Serve the bake sprinkled with the remaining chopped mint.
Tip: Make sure the potatoes and parsnips are cut into even-size chunks so they cook in the same amount of time.