This quick salad is easy to throw together and makes a colourful change from pasta or rice salads. It’s great for using up leftover chicken, too!
- 180g couscous
- 200g broccoli, trimmed and cut into small florets
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 250g cooked skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 50g sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 25g unsalted cashew nuts, chopped
- 2tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ small bunch of basil, chopped
- Put the couscous in a heatproof bowl with the broccoli. Add the lemon zest and juice, then pour over 300ml boiling water. Cover with a plate to trap in the steam and set aside for 5 min.
- Add the cooked chicken to the couscous with the sun-dried tomatoes, cashew nuts, oil and basil. Season with freshly ground black pepper, mix well and serve.