We’ve reworked the classic pizza recipe so you can add it to your weekly repertoire without the excess fat, calories, saturates and salt
- 275g gluten-free plain/all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
- 7g sachet fast-action dried yeast
- 2tsp caster sugar
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 250g passata
- 1tsp dried oregano
- Handful of basil leaves
- 2 x 125g reduced-fat mozzarella balls, sliced and drained
- 350g large vine tomatoes, sliced and drained on kitchen paper
- Put the flour, yeast and 1tsp of the sugar in a large bowl. Mix the egg with 125ml warm water and pour into the dry ingredients. Mix well and knead lightly to make a soft dough, adding more water if needed. Divide in two and roll out on a sheet of baking paper dusted with flour to make 2 x 20cm diameter circles. Transfer to baking trays, cover with clingfilm and leave in a warm place for 30 min.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Heat the passata, oregano and remaining sugar in a pan for 5 min until thick. Add the basil, reserving a few leaves.
- Top each base with the tomato sauce, then the mozzarella and tomato slices. Season with black pepper and cook for 25–30 min until the crusts are golden and the cheese has melted. Garnish with the reserved basil and slice.