These harissa spiced lamb tacos with Greek yoghurt, lettuce and mint pack a flavourful punch – just double or triple the quantities to feed a crowd.
- 2tsp olive oil
- 250g lean lamb mince
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2–3tsp harissa paste
- 1 lime, cut into quarters
- 4 taco shells
- 2tbsp chopped fresh mint, plus extra small leaves to garnish
- 200g low-fat Greek style yogurt
- 1 little gem lettuce, shredded
- 30g green olives, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, then add the mince. Fry over a medium-high heat, breaking up with a wooden spoon, for 5 min. Add the onion and fry for another 5 min, stirring, or until the lamb is browned and the onion is softened.
- Stir through the harissa and cook for a couple more minutes, then pour over 250ml water and simmer for 10 min or until sticky. Squeeze over 2 of the lime quarters.
- Meanwhile, warm the taco shells according to the pack instructions and stir the chopped mint into the yogurt. Spoon the harissa lamb into the warmed taco shells, then top with shredded lettuce. Serve with the mint yogurt, olives and remaining lime wedges, garnished with a few whole mint leaves.
To freeze Complete step 1, then cool the mince mixture and freeze. To use, thaw thoroughly, then reheat until piping hot and complete the recipe.