Cheesy, creamy and packed with gnocchi… you’d never guess this vegetarian pasta bake is low in calories, fat and sugar.
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 30g plain flour
- 425ml skimmed milk
- 1tbsp dijon mustard
- good grating fresh nutmeg
- 200g light soft cheese
- 500g pack ready-made gnocchi
- 350g broccoli, cut into small florets, stem thinly sliced
- 100g kale
- 30g vegetarian-style parmesan, grated
- Heat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, then fry the onion over a medium heat for 5 min or until it starts to soften. Add the flour and fry for 1 min more before gradually whisking in the milk. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens and bubbles. Reduce the heat and stir in the mustard, nutmeg and soft cheese. Set aside.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, then add the gnocchi and broccoli and simmer for 3–4 min until the gnocchi floats to the surface. Stir in the kale, then drain the gnocchi and veg well. Stir into the sauce, then pour into a 1.5 litre baking dish. Sprinkle over the grated cheese and bake for 15 min or until golden.