Enjoy this lighter take on Eton mess, which uses fat-free yogurt instead of cream, as an afternoon treat or evening dessert.
- 100g each frozen strawberries and raspberries (or 200g mixed berries)
- ½tsp vanilla extract
- 4 meringue nests
- 500g fat-free Greek yogurt
- Put the frozen berries in a microwave-proof bowl, then microwave for 1 min or until softened (or gently heat in a saucepan on the hob).
- Roughly mash the softened berries, then stir through the vanilla. Crumble the meringue nests into a separate bowl.
- Divide half the yogurt among 4 small serving bowls. Swirl in half the berries, then evenly sprinkle with half the crumbled meringue. Repeat the layers with the remaining yogurt, berries and meringue.