A pinch of chilli flakes and a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce take this tomato sauce to a new level of richness, without compromising on calories or fat.
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Pinch of chilli flakes, to taste
- 2tsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 1tbsp Pernod (optional)
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- 300g large conchiglie
- 25g parmesan, grated, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and gently fry for 10 min or until golden. Add the garlic and chilli flakes and cook for 3 min. Add the worcestershire sauce, tomatoes, Pernod (if using) and vinegar, then season with black pepper. Simmer gently for 20 min or until the sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the pack instructions, then drain. Toss through the sauce, sprinkle with grated parmesan and ground black pepper, then serve.