This recipe for chipotle chicken with garlicky courgette quinoa, griddled corn on the cob and coriander-topped yoghurt is a sure-fire Mexican winner.
- 1tbsp lime juice
- 1tsp Chipotle Tabasco sauce
- 2tsp olive oil
- 4 x 125g skinless chicken breasts
- 150g quinoa, rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large courgette, grated
- 2tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 2 corn on the cobs, husks and silks removed
- Cooking oil spray
- 120g mixed salad leaves
- 2 large vine tomatoes, diced
- 6tbsp low-fat natural yogurt, to serve
- Combine the lime juice, chipotle sauce and olive oil in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add the chicken and turn to coat well in the marinade, then cover and chill for at least 30 min or overnight.
- Put the quinoa, garlic and 375ml water in a medium saucepan (that has a lid), then bring to the boil. Cover and reduce the heat to low, then simmer for 12–15 min until the water has evaporated and the quinoa is al dente. Stir in the courgette and coriander. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick griddle or frying pan to medium-high. Spray the corn on the cobs and marinated chicken with the spray oil. Cook the corn for 8 min, turning often, or until tender. Set aside to cool a little.
- In the same pan, cook the chicken for 4–5 min on each side until golden and cooked through. Set aside for a few min to cool, then thickly slice. Carefully cut the corn kernels from the cobs.
- Divide the salad leaves, tomatoes, quinoa mixture, corn and chicken among 4 serving bowls. Top each with a dollop of yogurt and the extra coriander leaves, then serve straightaway.