This hearty chicken and bacon spaghetti is the perfect midweek family dish – nutritious, filling and delicious, it ticks every box.
- 300g wholewheat spaghetti
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 125g smoked bacon medallions, thinly sliced
- 400g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium courgettes, thinly sliced
- 250g cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 2tbsp finely chopped pistachios
- Zest 1 lemon
- 2tbsp finely chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- Cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of unsalted boiling water, according to the pack instructions, until al dente. Drain, reserving 125ml of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring, for 5 min or until crisp and golden.
- Add the tomatoes, courgettes, reserved cooking liquid and shredded chicken to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 min or until the tomatoes are softened. Add the cooked spaghetti and toss together.
- Meanwhile, make the gremolata by combining the pistachios, lemon zest and parsley in a small bowl. Divide the pasta among 4 serving bowls. Sprinkle with the gremolata and serve.