Try these cheese and chutney scones, made using reduced-fat spread and cheese, as a mid-afternoon snack or served alongside a bowl of homemade soup.
- 30g low-fat spread, plus extra to grease
- 350g self-raising flour, plus extra to knead
- 75g reduced-fat mature cheese, grated
- 1tsp dried sage
- 250ml skimmed milk
- 75g caramelised red onion chutney
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Rub the spread into the flour to form fine crumbs. Add three-quarters of the cheese and the sage and mix well. Add the milk to form a soft dough.
- Lightly knead the dough on a well-floured surface and use a cutter to make 12 scones. Put them on a greased baking tray, spread chutney over the top of each scone and add a sprinkle of the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 17 min or until golden.