This banana and toffee-topped yogurt makes for a balanced treat at any time of day, be it at breakfast, as a snack, or for dessert
- 80g medjool dates, pitted
- 5tbsp skimmed milk, plus extra if needed
- ½tsp vanilla extract
- 500g pot fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 2 small bananas, sliced
- 3tbsp chopped unsalted roasted peanuts
- Roughly chop the dates, then put them in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 5 min or until soft. Drain.
- Blitz the dates in a small food processor with the milk and vanilla extract for 1 min or until smooth (add more milk if needed). Transfer to a saucepan and heat gently for 5 min or until thickened into a caramel. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Divide the yogurt among 4 small bowls, then swirl through the date caramel. Top with the banana slices and chopped peanuts to serve.