Protein-rich, low in salt and containing 4 of your 5-a-day, this asparagus and tomato frittata makes for the perfect healthy summer supper.
- 500g sweet potatoes, sliced
- 500g asparagus, trimmed and cut into 4cm lengths
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 medium eggs
- 30g Parmesan, finely grated
- 4 wholegrain bread rolls, warmed
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Line a 20cm x 30cm baking tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Steam the sweet potato slices for 8–10 min, until tender. Add the asparagus for the last 3 min of steaming time.
- Meanwhile, spray a frying pan with oil and put over a medium-high heat. Cook the onion for 5 min, or until soft. Put the sweet potato in the base of the prepared tin. Top with the onion, asparagus and cherry tomatoes.
- Whisk the eggs with the Parmesan and pour over the vegetables. Bake for 25 min, or until set, puffed and golden. Cool for 10 min before slicing into four. Serve with the bread rolls.